4th Sunday of Lent, March 19, 2023 – The Gospel for today is taken from John 9: 1-41 and here are the sections:
• John 9: 1-5: Blindness before the evil that exists in the world
• John 9: 6-7: The sign of the “One sent by God” who will provoke various reactions
• John 9: 8-13: The reaction of the neighbors
• John 9: 14-17: The reaction of the Pharisees
• John 9:18-23: The reaction of the parents
• John 9: 24-34: The final judgement of the Pharisees
• John 9: 35-38: The final attitude of the man born blind
“Faith is a gift of God, a supernatural virtue infused by Him… ‘The Holy Spirit, who moves the heart and converts it to God, who OPENS THE EYES of the mind and makes it easy for all to accept and believe the truth'” (CCC, 153)
“Rejoice, Jerusalem! Be glad for her, you who love her, rejoice with her, you who mourned for her, and you will find contentment at her consoling breasts.” Isaiah 66:10-11
Pope Frances Prayer Intention for March 2023 – For victims of abuse: We pray for those who have suffered harm from members of the Church; may they find within the Church herself a concrete response to their pain and suffering.
MISSION STATEMENT –The Monastery of Our Lady of the Desert is a monastic community of women in the Benedictine tradition. We profess vows of stability, conversion of life and obedience. Our primary mission, is to seek God through a life of prayer, silence and solitude. Our way of life frees us to give glory and praise to God, intercede through prayer for the needs of the world and hospitality.